Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Saddness


It is with great sadness that I make this blog entry. The wonderful mother of a family of 5 children was tragically killed in a n automobile accident. I thought long and hard as to wither or not I should make this blog entry. I know for some it will be very hard to read this, it is very hard to write it. Asada Kalar was a native of the country of Liberia or the Ivory coast I am not to sure. She came to the United states and lived near our Church. She was invited to our church when we were having outreach one Saturday, and having children, we invited them to our Sunday school. Frank and Sabrina Peavey were wonderful at making contact and going to pick up the children up for Sunday school. Of course having been the teacher of Tarley, my heart aches for him the most because I was the closest to him. They were having hard times, living in an apartment, and trying to keep up with the demands of a family of 5. Asada always had a smile on her face. She didn't speak very good english but she would always smile and nod at your questions of her. Her children were always very hungry for God. They always participated in sunday school. I had many questions from Tarley, always searching for answers about things of God that he didn't understand.

I remember one time Sabrina and Philana took them some groceries. She never asked for anything from our church, but when we gave, there was always a tear in her eye. Asada was always very grateful for everything our church did for her and her family. You could tell she really loved all her children. One time I gave them some children's clothes. I thought Asada was going to cry. She grab me and hugged me and just kept saying "Thank you, thank you" She couldn't say much more in her broken english. I remember thinking how much we have, and how much we take for granted.



When we heard they would be moving to the midwest, we were all sad. I remember thinking if they'd just stay a little longer, the boys would be filled with the Holy Ghost. They were really searching for God at this time, and even got Baptized in Jesus name before they left. I was so proud of them. They were very excited too. The move was going to be good for them, better job opportunity and cheaper rent.

We are still not sure how the accident happened, all we know is that Asada is gone and has left behind a husband and 5 children all under the age of 12 years old. Please pray for this family in there time of need, especially the children.

4 comments:

Jolene Harris said...

Alice, my heart is breaking for this family especially the children. I will be keeping them in prayer. We have service tonight and I will ask the church to pray that God will come down and bring them peace and comfort during this tragic time in thier lives.

Alice said...

Thank you so much, I have such a burden for these children, and I pray Gods will in their lives, and I hope that includes, bringing them back to Orange County. God Bless.
Alice

Mark Pryor said...

Alice, I don't know if it was the same time you are referring to but I remember the time my wife went over there with Sabrina (and I think Philana) and they took some things over there and she came home talking about the way they were received. Truly this is a tragic situation.

Alice said...

Yes, it may be the same time. I know that she truely appreciated those that helped her family.
Alice