Monday, October 8, 2007

Out Door Science Camp

It has been a week of getting ready. Does she have enough socks? Will she be warm enough? What if it snows? All these questions and more have been going through my mind for the last 48 hours. The mad scrabble at the last minute to get everything done.



Joe was home this morning when I took Madison to school, to see her off at the bus. It was nice because he was able to get Kevin to school so I could take Maddy. She was so excited, and nervous. Then he was able to get to the school before she left to say goodbye. Thank God for state holidays. (For those of you who are not state workers... it is Columbus day, all state workers are off today.)



I'm glad she's had so much practice going to our sectional Jr. Camp. I don't have to worry about her getting home sick. I do worry about her hair though. She is not the best at taking a quick shower....well, to be truthful, 30 minutes is not unheard of, but she does have a lot of hair. At camp they are allowed 3 minutes showers. 3 minutes! I will be praying that God helps her get all the shampoo out of her hair. I'm sure I'll have fun, washing and brushing her hair when she gets back. LOL



The offical Yahoo weather for today says that Running Springs, California: high today is 78*F and the low tonight will be 41*F. They will be going on a night hike sometime this week, to study the stars, and nocturnal animals, etc. I hope it gets warmer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alice, looks like she will have a lot of fun!

Alice said...

Thank you and I wish you included your name!

Sis. Sabrina said...

I had forgotten she was on her way to camp. She will have a blast and my guess on the 3min shower is that hair wont be getting washed everyday lol
Call me if you need to chat
love ya

Sabrina

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I'm sure she'll have a great time, with a million things to talk about. The hair? probably will need good washing when she gets back. Love that girl! (and you!).

Jolene Harris said...

Science Camp!!! Oh wow, Caleb would be exstatic to get to do something like this. She is probably having the time of her life. Be sure to post on how it went. Don't worry to much about the hair. You can give it a good scrubbin when she gets home and detangling too :).

Alice said...

Yes the first thing she's going to do when whe gets back is take a shower, but I'm sure she'll be beat!