Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Little baby bunny

The little bunny I named Peter, died today of an infection from a little wound it got on it's nose last week trying to get out of his cage. I thought, it's not a very big wound it will heal, and it will be okay. I forgot to take into consideration how tiny this little bunny was. He weighted about 10 oz. Much smaller than the little orphaned kittens I sometimes feed and raise. So he couldn't handle any infection, since he was so little. Poor Maddy found him, and Kevin thought is was asleep. Joe had to tell him the truth, and Kevin buried him where I made my garden last year under the Ficus tree.

5 comments:

Jolene Harris said...

Dear Alice my aunt Kellie gave me a white rabbit. I named him Honey Bunny. He was white like the snow. He was soft and furry. He would eat the carrot out of my hand. He pooped alot too. I had to get rid of him because we live in an apartment and we are not allowed to have pets here so I gave him to somebody to take good care of him. I miss my bunny. One day I will get another one.

I liked your Peter rabbit and it made me sad when he died. I hate that.

Love Caleb

grandma wrote this for me. I told her what to say

Debbie Pryor said...

Sorry to hear about your bunny. If there is a bright side, the little bunny, at least for a short span, experienced great love from a kind family. I am sure you will have many more wonderful opportunities to rescue little animals.

Alice said...

Thank you Caleb for commenting on my blog. I was sad too when the bunny died. But all you can do is try your best to help them.

Sis Pryor, I know this bunny was loved, even Joe (The softy, he's turning into the longer were married) was sad. He will continue to bring home animals for me, when ever there is a creature in need, I'll be there.
Alice

Jolene Harris said...

Alice, just a note. Caleb wanted to blog so I said ok so needless to say it was a letter to you. So if you want to check it out you can go to my site and read it.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I'm sorry you lost that cute little bitty bunny. It'll be okay. You did what you could. You'll always be "Dr Dolittle".
Bro Joe, now you two are a team and it sounds like you got your part down pat!
Love your family.