Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pleasing GOD



When we sin it is impossible for us to please GOD. Everything works for good for those who love the LORD. We believe that GOD isn't helping us or that we are just unlucky, but if we could understand that if we have faith and trust in GOD, HE will work it out. Sometimes GOD gives us a glimps of what is going to happen, to give us faith, and help us along the way.

We sometimes see things on the outside but if we could get a vision of what is really in someones heart, we might understand what GOD is trying to do. Our way is not his. We have a propensity to look with a superfical eye, when we need to look into someones heart. That is easier to do when we love someone.



We have a resposibilty to love others, but first and foremost we need to keep ourselves pure and Holy, so we can be found acceptable to him. I sometimes tell the children in Sunday school, or other children I come into contact with, or my own children "That's not a wise choice" or "What you did, is not acceptable" I realize that it is that easy, "Am I making the right choices?" What I am doing, will it be found "Holy and acceptable to GOD?" I want to be found Holy and acceptable to my GOD and Savior. And as the song goes: He's done so much for me, I can not tell it all...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog. So true, timely message.

Jolene Harris said...

Alice, Pleasing God is what it is all about. We can try to please others and we can try to please ourselves but if we are not pleasing God then we have missed it all. After all, He is the one that counts. When we are pleasing God then we are in His will.

Alice said...

Jolene, you are so right. Thanks for the comment
Alice