Thursday, April 3, 2008

"It's a Battle for Your Attention!

In our media-driven culture we are being bombarded daily with contradicting messages. On TV, in movies, in print publications and online, men and women of faith are told they're inadequate in the workplace or at home, as spouses or as parents.

And our children are even bigger targets. TV, films and video games offer gratuitous violence, teen programs with provocative clothing and situations, pop-ups on the Web ... they're all fighting against the virtues and values you hold most dear and strive to instill in your kids." Focus on the Family

I read this today in an e-mail and it was thought provoking. Secular religion understands the the ploys of the devil to win your children over to the ways of the world. This message is true, but how much more discernment we have as "Holy Ghost filled Apostolic Christians." We need to be parents first and friends to our children second, or we do them a great injustice.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." KJV, 1 Corinthians 13:11


1 comment:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

The battle is in the mind. I'm with you all the way - we must do all we can to protect our young people. It starts very young!
If the secular world can be so in-tune with the dangers of worldliness, how much more should the saints of God understand the need for "havens"?
Love you and your family.