Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just some thoughts




I was working on some stuff for school, and I came across some quotes throughout the text. They are applied to business, but it's funny how you can apply it to church.

"Change is inevitable-Growth is optional" As time goes by, you will change, but whether or not you have spiritual growth with your change is up to you. I think it has a lot to do with your out look. People don't grow with change, if they are not mature. I want my growth to transform into a mature relationship with Christ. I want to grow with HIM.

"Competition is not how you compare to others, but how you compare to your potential" Sometimes we get caught up in what others are doing or with what others have, etc. We must all realize that we are not in competition with our fellow saints, but rather struggle within ourselves to obtain our ultimate potential. I want to be productive, to my ultimate potential.




"Winds of change can bring oceans of opportunities" In my work text, it explained that you can have plenty of wind around you, but when you are on dry land (spiritual or otherwise) You are relatively unchanged by the wind. It may even feel good. You need to get out there on the OCEAN, where you can move with the water. The wind may make it choppy water, with high waves, but unless you are in a situation where you can be moved around, you will not find the opportunities that change brings into your life. You need to be in a FLUID environment, which may be harder to steer. You can't navigate as well. Adapting to a new environment (the sea/water) is necessary as things change. I want to be able to adapt to new changes in my life. But one thing that was left out in my work text is, who is really steering my ship? My work text says you are but I know from a spiritual stand point who I want steering my ship!

6 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Alice, these quotes and your thoughts with them are absolutely INCREDIBLE. Keep it up!

BTW many business principles do transfer simply because they are principles. Real principles are like the striping on the street...doesn't matter whether your a business person or a Christian, the striping helps you stay on the road. :-)

Have a great week!

Jolene Harris said...

Fantastic Post! I want Jesus to be the Captain of my ship that is for sure.

Alice said...

Pastor, thank you for the insight, and looking forward to a great prayer meeting tonight.
Alice

Jolene,
Thank you for your comment and it all reminds me of an old song "The lighthouse" Whether we like it or not we are in that fluid environment. God Bless,
Alice

Joe said...

Alice such deep and thought provoking words you got my attention.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Hi Sis,

I had to read this post again. It's a GREAT post. Good "provoking" - fluid is my word. Thank you.

Alice said...

Sis, Catherine,
Thank your for your love and support. I appreciate you very much.
Alice