Sunday, December 9, 2007

Moving Mountians, Loving one another


" A religious man is a person who holds God and man in one thought at one time, at all times, who suffers harm done to others, whose greatest passion is compassion, whose greatest strength is love and defiance of despair. "
- Abraham Joshua Heschel

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." 1Cor 13:2

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." 1Cor 13:13

Merriaim-Webster:
Charity- benevolent goodwill toward or love of humanity

These things are some things that came to my mind this morning. We need to love one another or we are outside of the will of God. I want to go about my day today with love in my heart for others and I hope you do also. I want to have faith to move mountians, but most of I I need to love others.

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
Matt 22:37-39

2 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Great thought. Great post.

Alice said...

Thank you for your comment!
Alice